Acoustic Guitar Burned Shadow and Nickelback

♫ Music Wallpaper  ♫

Hi folks,

I've been busy with a lot of things these past weeks, it's summer.. A lot to do but also trying to get some R&R. Anyhow I bought a airbrush today, I'm doing some painting and thought I should go ahead and buy one because it's been on my mind for a long time, up until now I usually use spray cans because it's quicker to get stuff done. Otherwise you need to mess around with paint and then there's the cleaning of brushes and all that when you're done.

I was looking at the airbrushes in the store and figured I'll buy the cheapest one, if I like it I can always get the more expensive airbrush set at the store. I still don't know what the difference is in the professional airbrush set and the one I bought, besides that the airbrush I got now is made of plastic.

Airbrushes use compressed air to spray paint and that compressed air needs to come from somewhere for it to work.. Actually I was looking at the air compressor that was supposed to be used for the airbrush set at the store, it said on the box the compressor delivered 45 liters/min air and the maximum pressure was 2.5 bar (40 psi) it wasn't cheap, 89 Euros. So I thought hey why don't I use my little 12 Volt air pump instead.. It should work right?

So later in the garage I mixed some paint (white) and connected all the hoses and turned on my little compressor.. Nothing.. DOH! I looked at the pressure, no problem there 2-3 bar, but the air flow was not there, not enough air to get the paint spraying. I guess my little air pump just could not keep up.

While I was messing around in the garage cleaning all the paint and trying the get it done before the paint started to dry in the airbrush Nickelback - When We Stand Together played on the radio. There is something about that song, I can't say I liked the song the first time I heard it. And I haven't even seen the whole music video yet but "When We Stand Together" have started to grown on me.

So when I couldn't paint with my airbrush I sat down at my computer instead and started to draw. I knew I had been absent and should have made a lot more paintings than I have this summer. I didn't have anything in particular on my mind when I started messing around with this Guitar Wallpaper, but somehow I can't help but to think that Nickelback had something to do with the outcome. What I was going for at first was to have this shadow of an Acoustic Guitar on the wall, but as I got further in the painting I figured it would look nice to burn the shadow into the wood. And because the Acoustic Guitar looked so lonely in there, I gave it a microphone for company.


I think what makes this song so good is the lyrics, and that it's played clean (without heavy distortion)
The Lyrics for Nickelback - When We Stand Together
One more depending on a prayer
And we all look away
People pretending everywhere
It's just another day

There's bullets flying through the air
And they still carry on
We watch it happen over there
And then just turn it off

Hey, yeah, yeah, hey, yeah
We must stand together
Hey, yeah, yeah, hey, yeah
There's no giving in
Hey, yeah, yeah, hey, yeah
Hand in hand forever
Hey, yeah, yeah, hey, yeah
That's when we all win
Hey, yeah, yeah, hey, yeah
That's, that's, that's when we all win
That's, that's, that's when we all win

They tell us everything's alright
And we just go along
How can we fall asleep at night
When something's clearly wrong

When we could feed a starving world
With what we throw away
But all we serve are empty words
That always taste the same

Hey, yeah, yeah, hey, yeah
We must stand together
Hey, yeah, yeah, hey, yeah
There's no giving in
Hey, yeah, yeah, hey, yeah
Hand in hand forever
Hey, yeah, yeah, hey, yeah
That's when we all win
Hey, yeah, yeah, hey, yeah
That's, that's, that's when we all win
That's, that's, that's when we all win

The right thing to guide us
Is right here inside us
No one can divide us
When the light is nearly gone
But just like a heartbeat
The drumbeat carries on

And the drumbeat carries on

Hey, yeah, yeah, hey, yeah
We must stand together
Hey, yeah, yeah, hey, yeah
There's no giving in
Hey, yeah, yeah, hey, yeah
Hand in hand forever
Hey, yeah, yeah, hey, yeah
That's when we all win
Hey, yeah, yeah, hey, yeah
That's, that's, that's when we all win
That's, that's, that's when we all win

I had some trouble with getting the guitar looking right, but in the end it's just a shadow of a guitar so it really does not matter if it's all correct. And to think about it this would never happen in real life anyways..

So what we can see in the Guitar Wallpaper is part of the soundhole in the left corner with the neck of the guitar going up to the right corner of the screen. And I made sure the Wallpaper turned out to be of the size 1920x1200 so that it should fit most computer monitors. Oh and I almost forgot to mention, this Wallpaper turned out really big, it's more than 2 MB, I was trying to get it smaller but I would have lost to much of the colors otherwise. So give it some time to load.

Well I guess I need a bigger air compressor...

Songs - Videos

Those Who Wait3 Angelina2 Beautiful2 Borsalino2 Fields of Gold2 Fingers In Flight2 Lady Madonna2 One Mint Julep2 Sunny Side Up2 The Water is Wide2 Vaseline Machine Gun2 A Morning In Norkia1 A Simple Gift1 AC/DC Medly: Riff Raff - Let There Be Rock1 Airproofing Two1 Alone in my Prison1 Always With Me Always With You1 Amazing Grace1 Arms of Mary1 Beautiful Fields1 Bella Soave1 Blue of Blue1 Brand New Wings1 Busted Bicycle1 Chichi no Shozo1 Collage-a-Reed1 Countrywide1 Crosscurrent1 Dabster1 Dangerous Mood1 Dans Keff Avec1 Day Tripper1 Distorted Love1 Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood1 Emerald Groove1 Everyone's A Hero1 Freight Train1 Frühling Sommer Herbs1 Ghost of Blind Willie Johnson1 Guitar Drifting1 Hazel Comes Home1 Hear the Wind Howl1 Home1 I Saw the Light1 I Will1 I'm Home1 In a Constant State of Flux1 Je Te Veux1 June Bug1 Just Us1 Just the Same1 Kiss from a Rose1 Knight of the Wind1 Live Your Life1 Live at Five1 Livin On A Prayer1 Mad World1 Make You Feel My Love1 Mombasa1 Money For Nothing1 Nine Pound Hammer1 Ocean1 Old Fashioned Love Song1 One of Us1 Part Two1 Pet Food1 Pipeline1 Prime1 Rylynn1 Saltwater1 Satori1 Say it ain't so1 Secret Agent Man1 Secret Story1 Since We Met1 Skippy1 Sound Of Silence1 Spring Summer and Fall1 Stevies Blues1 Summertime1 Swingy Boogie1 Tall Fiddler1 Tears for Jerusalem1 Tears in Heaven1 Ten Million Slaves1 Tender Surrender1 The Bug1 The Robin1 The Train and the Gate1 The Wind and the Wheat1 Time1 Time 21 To B Or Not To B1 Undecided1 Unforgotten1 Up Tempo1 Waltzing Matilda1 We're the Great1 Yakitori1
Show more
buy jeans, silver tab jeans, levi jeans

Contact

Contact
Locations of visitors to this page

All the contents of this site, (design and technical device) are intellectual property of JD (unless stated otherwise). Every use or copy without an explicit permission is forbidden. Copyright Disclaimer
©2010-2020
Thank you for looking all the way down here. There is much more to see.